- 8 ripe fresh figs, stemmed, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt cured capers
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Brush figs with olive oil. Roast figs under pre heated broiler for about 3 minutes. Let cool.
Combine figs olives, capers, pomegranate molasses, rosemary, and vinegar in processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add olive oil and mix until combined. Season with salt to taste. Dish tastes best if flavors can meld at least two hours before serving. Serve at room temperature.
This a tasty and versatile dish: is great as an appetizer served with bread or crackers and goat cheese, or use it as a relish served with roast lamb or chicken. Enjoy!