- 1 Head of Radicchio
- 1 Bunch of Arugula
- 1 Bunch of Green Leaf Lettuce
- 2 Cups of sliced Cantaloupe
- 8 Slices of Prusciutto di Parma sliced or torn
- 1 Smallish Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a fresh Pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Rinse and tear lettuces. Toss in a large
bowl. Place Red onion, cantaloupe and prusciutto on top. Remove pomegranate seeds from pomegranate and sprinkle on top.
In a small bowl combine pomegranate juice, lemon zest, vinegar, shallot, salt pepper and mustard. Mix well. Slowly pour in the olive oil until mixed well.
Drizzle over salad. Mix lightly to coat lettuce with dressing.
Option: add large parmesan curls or chunks of goat cheese or fresh mozzarella go make a light lunch or heavy appetizer.