- 2 pound boneless chicken breasts and thighs
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
Rinse chicken parts, pat dry. Place in marinade dish.
Combine all ingredients but coriander in a dish and mix well. Pour over chicken and store in refrigerator overnight or for at least eight hours.
Remove chicken from marinade.
Either grill on an outdoor grill until done, or broil chicken parts five minutes or until cooked through.
This recipe is great served with bulger, pilaf or a couscous salad.